Hey, I wrote something aside from the monthly Retrospective. I count that as a victory.
- Retrospective: August 2015
- Making a Collection Worthy of the Legacy
My goodness. I'm a real staff writer again.
- Featured Game Soundtrack: Solstice: The Quest for the Staff of Demnos
-Q&AmeCola: Making A Non-Mainstream Game Mainstream
-The Lost Art of Good Game Design: Mega Man Legacy Collection
-Sprite Flicker: Dumber Munchers
-GC Podcast #88: When this Podcast Hits 88 Miles Per Hour
- [NSFW] GC Podcasts #21-23 on YouTube: Zach’s Lost YouTube Grab Bag
Oh boy, was I prolific. Amazing what a little livestreaming and archive diving will do. And let's not overlook my perpetually in-progress Super Mario World ROM hack that went public for the first time in the form of a blind playthrough. For one thing, you get to see me put my money where my mouth is when I critique game design. For another thing, it's a great opportunity to watch how quickly I can get people to say they hate me.
- Backloggery Choice #1: Kirby's Adventure, VVVVVV, Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back
- Mega Man Fangame Sampler #1: Day in the Limelight 1, Rock Force
- Mega Man Fangame Sampler #2: 2.5D (Beta), Rocks!, Day in the Limelight 2
- Mega Man Legacy Collection Blooper: Wood Man's Revenge
- Super Impossible Mario World - Part 1: You're Doing It...Right?
- The GameCola Podcast #36: Boring Gaz Problems
- The GameCola Podcast #37: This Thing Came Apart
- The GameCola Podcast #38: Too Many Podcasters
At the end of September, I sat down to play Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings. Expect an upcoming "Lost Art of Good Game Design" column to explain how that went. Although I gave up on the game, I was looking forward to the satisfaction of removing it from my Backloggery with extreme prejudice. Turns out I never put it on there in the first place. Turns out I'm really bad about ensuring my Wii games make it to my Backloggery; following the example of Donkey Kong Country Returns earlier this year, I discovered yet another game I somehow failed to list.
Expanding my collection further was a generous gift from one of my YouTube fans, and one of the fangames I tried out on a livestream was enjoyable enough for me to add it to my list—a rare honor for a fangame, and a welcome surprise for me. I also finished up the Challenge mode of the Mega Man Legacy Collection (continuing to poke at a few of the challenges I knew I could do faster), and I finally freed up the adventure game slot in the rotation of games I'm currently playing. They weren't kidding when they called it The Longest Journey; most adventure games take me a couple days, not a couple months.
- Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (Steam)
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Wii)
- Mega Man: Rock Force (PC)
- 007: The World Is Not Enough (N64)
- Mega Man: Rock Force (PC)
- Katamari Damacy (PS2)
- Mega Man Legacy Collection (Steam)
- The Longest Journey (PC)